The South Carolina Cheerleader Coaches Association will be awarding scholarships to high school senior cheerleaders who display outstanding scholastic achievement. This year, up to five scholarships will be awarded, each in the amount of $1000, through the Nickie Moose Memorial Scholarship Program.
To qualify as a candidate, a high school senior cheerleader must have a minimum of a 3.5 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale through the first semester of their senior year, and the cheerleading coach must be a member of the SCCCA. Additional information, guidelines, and application materials are enclosed.
1) Coaches are to read through your applicant’s listings of school, community, and religious activities and verify each with your signature at the bottom of the page.
2) Letters of recommendation are not limited to a set amount of words; however, they are limited to one typed page.
3) Application materials must be postmarked on or before March 16, 2018, so plan ahead.
4) Be sure that your envelope has the correct postage.
It is wonderful if you have more than one cheerleader applying. Please feel free to make as many copies of the application forms as needed.
The Nikki Moose Memorial Scholarship Program recognizes scholastic achievement and athletic excellence in the sport of cheerleading. We invite you to acknowledge your cheerleading scholar/athlete(s).
1. Up to five one-year non-renewable scholarships, each in the amount of $1000, will be awarded to graduating cheerleaders in the class of 2018.
2. APPLICANT’S COACH MUST BE A CURRENT MEMBER OF SCCCA. Contact your Athletic Director to confirm membership in both SCACA and SCCCA. You can also contact Shell Dula at the SCACA Office to confirm this information.
3. Applicant must have a cumulative 3.50 grade point average or above by the end of the first semester of his/her senior year (DO NOT round up to 3.50).
4. Applicant must follow ALL scholarship guidelines.
5. Type all information on white paper using black ink, 1" margins and 12-point font in Times New Roman. MAXIMUM 500 WORDS (scripted font will not be accepted)
GUIDELINES FOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
1. Include completed basic application form (typed). This page MUST HAVE coach’s signature.
2. Include ONE TYPED PAGE listing school, community, religious activities; and honors received.
This page MUST HAVE coach's signature.
3. Include a ONE PAGE TYPED ESSAY covering the statement:
“How cheerleading has influenced my life and what it has taught me for the future.”
4. Include three TYPED, ONE PAGE letters of recommendation, ONE from each of the following:
- CHEERLEADING COACH
- HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER/ADMINISTRATOR
- COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE
Recommendation letters must be included in one package with the other necessary parts of the application. Please do not send recommendation letters separately. Recommendations should deal with applicant’s responsibility, leadership qualities, contributions to team and school spirit, and special qualities.
5. Include a copy of your high school transcript (complete through the first semester of senior year).
6. Mail all application materials in ONE PACKAGE postmarked on or before March 16, 2018 to:
Gwen Clark, President, SCCCA
110 Clearview Drive
Whitmire, SC 29178
BE SURE TO FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS! Those applications contrary to the above stated directions WILL NOT be considered for scholarship awards. Applications received un-typed will not be considered.
1. The scholarship committee will review all complete applications and select the winners.
2. All scholarship award winners will be posted on the SCCCA website and personally notified. Scholarships will be presented, if possible, at your Senior Awards Day Ceremony.
3. For further information, call Gwen Clark at 803-940-7705
Nickie Moose Memorial Scholarship Application
(THIS APPLICATION MUST BE TYPED)
NAME: DATE OF BIRTH:
CITY: STATE SC ZIP:
SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER: PHONE NUMBER:
CUMULATIVE WEIGHTED GPA OUT OF POSSIBLE (GPA through 1ST Semester of Senior Year) SCHOOL AT WHICH YOU CHEER:
HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL: SCHOOL TELEPHONE:
SENIOR GUIDANCE COUNSELOR:
DATE OF YOUR SENIOR CLASS AWARDS DAY:
LOCAL NEWSPAPER NAME:
NEWSPAPER PHONE NUMBER:
COLLEGE(S)YOU PLAN TO ATTEND:
CHEER COACH NAME:
HOME ADDRESS: CITY STATE ZIP:
BEST CONTACT PHONE: COACHES EMAIL: